Saturday, January 28, 2006

Fabulous Greece! (and good luck cousin Donald!)

It's been almost a week since I last posted. I've had some problems travelling in Europe. I can't seem to get this money exchange stuff right, and I'm having problems finding internet cafes that I can use. To top that off my adapter cord for my digital camera is not European approved so I'm having to use disposable digital cameras and offload my pictures at the drug store... what a major inconvenience! But anyway... things are still beautiful!

Today I decided to travel to Greece in honor of my cousin Donald running in his first 5K race tomorrow. He is running in the Children's TLC Easter Seals Groundhog Race -- it's run completely underground! Mom works for Children's TLC Easter Seals. Anyway, not only is it cousin Donald's first 5K but he's also raised over $500 for the agency... I'm very proud of him. Since I can't be there to root him on in the morning I decided I'd check out Olympic Stadium in Athens and poke around here for a few days. I hope Donald got the Euros I sent him and that they accept foreign currency donations... I'll have to check with Mom when I get home.